RS232 / RS485 Opto-isolated Converter
The RS2/4I device is a fully optoisolated 12 / 24V dc DIN rail RS 232 – RS 485 line converter.
Making use of microprocessor technology, it is completely transparent to any communication protocol and does not require enabling signals to change the direction of data flow (from A to B and vice versa), it just requires setting the transmission speed and the length of the BYTEs transmitted through internal dip switches.
Two signalling LEDs are visible on the front for checking the communication status (TXA, TXB) plus a signalling LED (POWER).
Its compactness and high degree of isolation allow it to be used in any application where it is necessary to galvanically separate the devices connected to an RS 485 data transmission line.
It also allows to expand the capacity of the balanced line, allowing to connect other 32 devices in addition to those already existing.
By not using additional signals to determine the direction of the data flow, it can be easily inserted in existing systems without the need for significant modifications.
- Power supply 12V ac / dc 24V dc
- RS485 connection type HALF DUPLEX (2 wires) + GND (optional)
- RS 232 input / output with GND common to the power supply (TX, RX, GND)
- Optoisolated RS 485 input / output with isolated GND (RTX +, RTX-, GNDiso)
- BAUD RATE and BYTE length setting via internal Dip – Switch.
- Speed of use from 1200 Bps to 115200 Bps
- Byte length from 7 bits to 14 bits.
- Absorption 200 mA at 12V ac
- Dimensions: H 11 cm, L 9 cm, P. 1.7 cm